Program Development Design Team
The purpose of the Program Development System Design Team is to develop a responsive community-focused system of evaluating policies and procedures for eliminating obsolete programs and assessing need for adding new programs at the College.
VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
November 2009 - April 2010
- Research best practices of program development at 3 SUNY community colleges and 3 outside of NY State (Lorain County CC, Central Piedmont CC, Owens CC, or Rio Salado).
- Identify the minimum requirements set forth by SUNY and NYSED for new program development.
- Develop preliminary recommendations to present to College Senate and Academic Affairs Admin Team.
- Integrate feedback to develop final recommendations to VPLAA.
- Make decisions.
- Disscuss contractual issues.
Discuss personnel issues.
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience front and center.
- Keep the College vision of being responsive to community needs in mind.
- Think about how to minimize red tape and increase time to market.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.