About the Cultural Series
The MVCC Cultural Series brings world-class lectures, concerts, comedy, theatre, and more to the entire community within MVCC's performance venues on the Utica and Rome campuses. The series is organized by the Cultural Events Council, whose purpose is to enrich the College and the greater community through the planning, promoting, and facilitating of a bi-semester cultural series that reflects and enhances diverse interests and strengthens learning opportunities. This series is brought to you by MVCC’s Cultural Events Council and MVCC's Program Board with significant support from the Student Activity Fee.
Events and COVID-19
Please note that schedule of events is subject to change as our protocols and procedures are aligned with state and county directives. If in-person events are not permitted or if capacity restrictions make events impracticable, changes, virtual options, and/or postponements will be listed on the MVCC Cultural Series Facebook page. All events will comply will federal, state, and county guidelines, along with the MVCC Responsible Restart Plan, in order to keep our students, employees, and community safe. If our community sees an increased infection rate, select Program Board (PB) events may become open to MVCC students only.
View upcoming events:
To view our calendar of events, visit MVCC Event Calendar. The full list of events is also found within the College's MVCConnect brochure around campus and within the community as well as on the MVCC Cultural Series Facebook page.
How to get tickets:
Most Cultural Series events are $5 or less to the general public and many are free. All events are free for currently matriculated MVCC students (some events may have a limited supply of free tickets available; first come, first served). Tickets for all Cultural Series events can be purchased online any time at www.mvcc.edu/tickets or over the phone by calling 315-731-5721. Tickets can also be purchased in-person by visiting the MVCC Box Office, which is located in Wilcox Hall on our Utica Campus. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Students: Cultural Series events are FREE for students currently matriculated at MVCC (some events may have a limited supply of free tickets available; first come, first served). MVCC students are allowed one free ticket per student ID, up to five tickets at the MVCC employee discount rate, and as many general admission tickets as needed.
- Employees: MVCC employees are allowed up to five tickets at the MVCC employee discount rate per employee ID and as many general admission tickets as needed.
- Group Sales: Groups of 20 or more may be eligible for special discounts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-792-5644.
The College will provide reasonable accommodations necessary to afford equal education, employment, and access to programs. Accommodation requests should be made one week prior to scheduled event.
If you are interested in supporting MVCC's Cultural Series, please contact Deanna Ferro Aurience, Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, at 315-792-5526.
Contact Events and Guest Services:
- Box Office: email@example.com or 315-731-5721
- Utica Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-731-5720
- Rome Campus: email@example.com or 315-334-7782