President’s Think Tank Charter
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the President’s Think Tank Workgroup is to strengthen communication at the College by assembling a representative group from faculty and staff to meet with the President on a regular basis.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: President
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
- Academic Administrator
- Student services administrator
- Non-teaching professional staff
- Administrative services staff
- Facilities staff
- AMVA President
- Professional Association President
- College Senate Chair
At-Large – as necessary
- Participate in discussions with the President about activities, issues, and perspectives on campus.
- Surface issues for consideration that might improve the learning environment and MVCC experience for students.
- Surface issues for consideration that might improve the working environment for employees.
- Communicate with colleagues and share information gained in the meetings.
- Make decisions; discuss personnel issues; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Be creative and think big
- Have patience with yourself, with others, and the College as a whole
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue