Integrated Advising Workgroup
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the Integrated Advising Workgroup is to explore and make recommendations to improve the College's academic advisement system.
Charter Sponsor: Academic and Student Affairs Leadership Team
Charter Contact: Lewis Kahler, Stephanie Reynolds, Guided Pathways Steering Committee
Timeline: Ongoing until final recommendations have been made
- Faculty Advisor (Standing) Co-Chair - Shannon Crocker
- Coordinator of Academic Advisement (Standing) Co-Chair - Dawson McDermott
- Associate Dean (Standing) - Jim Roberts
- Associate Dean (Standing) - Tim Thomas
- Associate Dean (Standing) - Jennifer DeWeerth
- Completion Coach (Standing) - Salina Billins
- Coordinator of Career Services (Standing) - Liz Doherty
- Faculty Advisor (Standing) - Christine VanNamee
- Faculty Advisor (Standing) - Stacey McCall
- Faculty Advisor (Standing) - Tia Locke
- Faculty Advisor (Standing) - Rich Kelly
- Programmer Analyst IT (Standing) - MaryJane Parry
|Research student advising models and best practices for retention & completion||Research|
|Explore options and models to maximize faculty and staff roles||Explore|
|Include assessment plans in the design of advising systems, policies, and procedures||Include|
|Consider student access, quality of student service, and student success||Consider|
|Identify strategies for communication with students||Identify|
|Identify needs for professional development & resources||Identify|
|Make recommendations about faculty advising role, rewards, and recognitions||Recommend|
|Make recommendations to Academic & Student Affairs Leadership Team||Recommend|
- Make policy or personnel decisions
• Be creative.
• Keep an open mind, and not get stuck on “how we’ve always done it.”
• Maintain a mindset of abundance.
• Involve other staff, faculty, and students by asking for their input.
• Keep the student experience at the forefront.