Employee Recognition Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Employee Recognition Council is to design, plan and coordinate all formal employee recognition activities at the College.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: College President
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
Member of the President's Office appointed by the President- Chair, Standing - David Katz
Member of the President's Office appointed by Chair (Standing) Recorder - Gloria Karol
Member of Human Resource appointed by the President (Standing) - Nancy Wallace
Member of Marketing President appointment (Standing) - Candice Parsons
Member of Administrative Services appointed by Vice President for Adiminstrative Services (2020) - Stacey Kenyon
Member of Rome Campus appointed by Dean of Rome Campus (2021) - Jon-David Velletto
Member of Student Affairs Representative Appointed by Vice President for Student Affairs (2021) - Nicole Benton
Member of Learning & Academic Affairs Representative appointed by the Vice President of Learning & Academic Affairs (2019) - Mary Noti
Member of AMVA elected (2020)- Janet Visalli
Member of UPSEU Union elected (2021) - Kathleen Kresa
Member of PA Non-Teaching Professional elected (2019) - Sharon Zohne
Faculty At-Large elected (2019) - Roman Santos
Faculty At-Large elected (2019) - Melissa Barlett
Subgroups formed on an as needed basis
- Develop criteria, procedures and evaluation rubrics for all awards.
- Solicit peer nominations from employees and supervisors to create strong candidate pools for all awards.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Hawks That Soar annual awards program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual Chancellor’s award program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the local Excellence annual awards program.
- Research and make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding best practice employee recognition programs.
- Make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding recognition programs for retirees and current employees' years of service awards.
- Seek opportunities for individual and institutional recognition at the local, state and national levels.
- Make decisions; determine policy; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity
- The stronger nomination processes are the stronger the impact of the awards
- Make the process as pleasant as possible for nominees