Employee Recognition Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Employee Recognition Council is to design, plan and coordinate all formal employee recognition activities at the College.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: College President
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
- Executive Director of Organizational Development - Chair, Standing - David Katz
- President's Office Representative (appointed by Chair) Standing - Gloria Karol
- Human Resource Representative (President appointment) Standing - Nancy Wallace
- Marketing Representative (President appointment) Standing - Candice Parsons
- Administrative Services Representative (VPAS appointment) 3 year term - Stacey Kenyon (2020)
- Rome Representative (Associate VP appointment) 3 year term - Jon-David Velletto (2021)
- Student Affairs Representative (VP appointment) 3 year term - Nicole Benton (2021)
- Learning & Academic Affairs Representative (VP appointment) 3 year term - Mary Noti (2019)
- AMVA Representative – elected 3 year term - Janet Visalli (2020)
- UPSEU Representative – elected 3 year term - Kathleen Kresa (2021)
- PA Non-Teaching Professional – elected 3 year term - Sharon Zohne (2019)
- Faculty At-Large – elected 3 year term - Roman Santos (2019)
- Faculty At-Large – elected 3 year term - Melissa Barlett (2019)
- At-Large – elected 3 year term - Kate Barefoot (2020)
- Subgroups formed on an as needed basis
- Develop criteria, procedures and evaluation rubrics for all awards.
- Solicit peer nominations from employees and supervisors to create strong candidate pools for all awards.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Hawks That Soar annual awards program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual Chancellor’s award program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the local Excellence annual awards program.
- Research and make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding best practice employee recognition programs.
- Make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding recognition programs for retirees and current employees' years of service awards.
- Seek opportunities for individual and institutional recognition at the local, state and national levels.
- Make decisions; determine policy; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity
- The stronger nomination processes are the stronger the impact of the awards
- Make the process as pleasant as possible for nominees