Purpose: The purpose of the Grants Council is to coordinate grants planning and management activities at the College.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: College President
Timeline; Standing (from fall 2008)
- Institutional Advancement, Chair - Frank DuRoss (President Appt, Standing)
- VP for Learning & Academic Affairs - Lew Kahler (President Appt, Standing)
- VP for Administrative Services - Tom Squires (President Appt, Standing)
- VP for Student Affairs - Stephanie Reynolds (President Appt, Standing)
- Institutional Advancement - Russ Davis (President Appt, Standing)
- Institutional Advancement - Christina Born (President Appt, Standing)
- Institutional Advancement - Deanna Ferro-Aurience (President Appt, Standing)
- Director of Community & Workforce Development - Kristen Skobla (President Appt, Standing)
- Rome Campus Dean & Associate VP of Workforce Development - Franca Armstrong (President Appt, Standing)
- Business Office Representative - Rick Zak (VPAS Appt, Standing)
- Project Coordinator Grants Compliance and Reporting - Sabrina Fryman (VPAS Appt, Standing)
- Academic Development & Innovation - Jim Lynch (VPLAA Appt, Standing)
- Academic Affairs - Vacant (VPLAA Appt, 2018)
- At-large – as necessary
- Associate VP for SHSS - Kat Linaker (VPLAA Appt, Standing)
- Associate VP for BELA - Vacant (VPLAA, Standing)
- Upward Bound Project - Todd Kubica (VPSA Appt, 2021)
- Student Affairs - Jim Maio (VPSA Appt, 2019)
- Faculty SHSS - Shahida Dar (Elected, 2021)
- Faculty BELA - Erica Brindisi (Elected, 2019)
- Research and prioritize grant opportunities.
- Consider grant opportunities in relation to the College Strategic Plan and community needs.
- Engage all departments necessary to strengthen the College’s ability to coordinate all aspects of grant development and implementation.
- Decide which grants opportunities to pursue.
- Facilitates internal innovation grant process.
- Simply chase money; plan in isolation.
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Keep the College Senate and President’s Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible
- Use the Strategic Plan as a guide and inspiration
- Be creative and think big
- Think about leveraging existing assets and strengths of MVCC
- Engage other departments sooner rather than later in the process (IT, facilities, business office, etc.)