Cultural Events Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Cultural Events Council is to enrich the college and the greater community through the planning, promoting and facilitating of a year-round cultural series that reflects and enhances diverse interests and strengthens learning opportunities.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
Director of Events and Guest Services (on-going) - Bill Dustin
Events and Guest Services, DGV Committee Liaison (on-going) - Erica Carrock
Events and Guest Services, Rome Campus Representative (on-going) - Aubrey Carletta
DGV Committee Chair (on-going) - Kyle Lince
Student Services & Res Life (on-going) - Sandy Cummings
Faculty, Co-Chair (3 years) - Carolyn West Pace
Two (2) faculty representatives from the School of STEM, Health & Social Sciences (3 years) - Dina Radeljas and Rayn Cavic
Two (2) faculty representatives from the School of Business, Education & Liberal Arts (3 years) - Rialda Shulman and Tia Lockwood
One (1) representative from Academic Development & Innovation (3 years) - Aiko Kane
At-Large, Student and Residence Life Liaison (3 years)
At-Large, Student Liaison (annually appointed by President of Student Congress)
• Solicit programming ideas from students, faculty and staff.
• Develop an annual budget plan.
• Develop the annual Cultural Series program, including a variety of Diversity and Global View (DGV) events, and recommend offerings to the President’s Cabinet.
• Coordinate with the MVCC Foundation to solicit sponsorships for the Cultural Series.
• Coordinate with the Office of Marketing and Communications to market Cultural Events.
• Coordinate with Academic Affairs to plan events that integrate/support curricular goals.
• Maintain a sub-council that consists of three (3) Cultural Events Council members, who also serve on the Diversity and Global View Committee, which ensures DGV events planned by the council meet the Diversity and Global View graduation requirement criteria.
• Make decisions; determine policy; discuss contractual issues
• Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
• Maintain a diverse array of offerings at both the Utica and Rome campuses.
• Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity.
• Collaborate with the Diversity and Global View Committee to maximize programming offerings and strengthen the DGV general education requirement.