CCED News & Releases
MVCC to hold non-credit Tai Chi workshop
Jun 19, 2018
Mohawk Valley Community College’s Center for Corporate and Community Education will hold a non-credit program called Laughing Dragons Workshop: Introduction to Tai Chi Chaun for Health and Self-Defense from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 30, in Jorgensen Center room 202 at the College’s Utica Campus, 1101 Sherman Drive. The cost for all five classes in the workshop is $150. Classes may be taken separately; individual classes are $35 each.
Classes, presented by Al Christensen with Calum Douglas Reid, include:
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Constant Bear and Eight Brocade: simple, easy-to-learn exercises and routines to relax the body, gently stretch and lengthen muscles, and stimulate meridians and organs.
- 11-11:50 a.m. – Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan: an introduction to the principles and body mechanics of Tai Chi Chuan and how they can be applied in everyday life as taught by Grand Master William C.C. Chen.
- 1-1:50 p.m. – Push-hands and Neutralization: an introduction to push-hands and the principle of softness defeating hardness.
- 2-2:50 p.m. – Tai Chi Applications: learn Tai Chi application with a focus on power generation and “The Punch.”
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Reaction Drills: learn simple reaction drills using principles learned throughout the day. This class will end with a sword form demonstration.
Lunch will not be provided. To learn more or register, call the Center for Corporate and Community Education at 315-792-5300 or visit mvcc.edu/cced.
For more information:
Center for Corporate & Community Education
Academic Building Room 154