Other Support Services
MVCAA-Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
• Head Start - Helps to create healthy development in low-income children age three to five. Programs offer a wide variety of services that depend on a child's and each family's heritage and experience, to influence all aspects of a child's development and learning.
• Early Head Start- Promotes healthy prenatal outcomes, promotes healthy family functioning, and strengthens the development of infants and toddlers beginning as young as newborn infants.
• DDSO Program- Age 5-19 and Diagnosed with Developmental Disability, Delays and Physical Challenges. Need to go and be approved through Front Door Process through OPWDD to be eligible. (3pm-5:30pm)
Cornell Cooperative Extension Child Care Council
• The Child Care Council helps to connect parents with New York State regulated child care programs in Herkimer, Madison, and Oneida counties. In addition offers information on Child Care Subsidies -DSS, WIC, child development, discipline, early intervention etc.
• Provides licensed care for children 6 weeks to 12 years.
Thea Bowman House
• Provides licensed care for children 18 mo. thru 12 yrs, after school program 13-16yrs old Wrap around daycare
• Early Childhood Direction Center- Provides information pertaining to services and programs for children, birth to age 5, with special needs or suspected developmental delays.
Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
• Foster Grandparents Program- Program is open to people aged 55 and older to act as mentors, tutors, and caregivers for at-risk children and youth with special needs.
Office for Aging and Continuing Care
• Support services for seniors and their families
• Adult and senior services including day services, in home independent and direct care, and family support services
Faxton St Lukes
• Senior Network Health- Alternative to traditional nursing home care
College Community Connection
Information Technology Building 129C
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, New York 13501