Who can participate in the SUNY Apprenticeship Program?
Employers in advanced manufacturing and healthcare.
* If you are unsure if your company fits under these 2 categories, please contact us for verification.
How does this program benefit your company?
If your company has a registered apprenticeship through the NYDOL, then you will be eligible to get the related instruction portion of an apprenticeship partly/fully covered. There is also funding available for pre-apprenticeships to get interested candidates prepared to enter an apprenticeship program. Please contact your local community college to participate or contact James Willey for more information.
After you decide that apprenticeship is right for your company, contact your local representative designated by county to start the process. For information please visit Contact Us Page of Apprenticeship of NYS Department of Labor.
Empire State Apprenticeship Tax Credit (ESATC)
- Provides tax incentives to certified New York State registered apprenticeship sponsors for hiring new qualified apprentices.
- Incentive fact sheet can be found on the NYS Department of Labor Apprentice Factsheet page.
Apprenticeship Expansion Grant (AEG)
- NYSDOL is making up to $4.1 million available until April 30, 2019 to serve approximately 800 new apprentices in registered apprenticeships (RA). This funding will cover costs associated with training apprentices through RA, such as related instruction (RI), on the job training (OJT), books and tools.
- For more information please check the Apprenticeship Expansion Grant RFA or Apprenticeship Expansion Grant Fact Sheet.