Email Activation Procedure
MVCC EMAIL ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS
All Mohawk Valley Community College adjuncts are provided with an MVCC email account for contacting students and colleagues. You are strongly encouraged to use this email to transact all MVCC business. Adjuncts are expected to check their email accounts at least once a week during the semester.
ACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT:
The first time you activate your account, you must do so from an on-campus computer. After activation, you may access your MVCC email account from any computer on- or off-campus, including your personal home computer.
Your MVCC email account follows either of these two formats:
Your username is the first initial of your first name followed by your complete last name (e.g, jcricket). Your password consists of the letters Mvcc followed by the last 4 digits of your Social Security number until you change it.
Please follow these steps to activate your email account the first time you use it:
1. Logon to any on-campus computer;
2. Once you are logged on, press CTRL, ALT, and DEL keys all at the same time;
3. A Microsoft Windows security window will open;
4. In the second row of the Windows security screen, find the change password button;
5. Click on the change password button and follow the prompts to reset your new password. Your new password should have the following characteristics:
- It should contain a minimum of 8 characters
- It should be alphanumeric
- At least one character should be a capital letter