Start on your path to acquiring education that may shape your future. Our online Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement ADP is specifically designed with working police officers in mind. We know that you may be working rotating, non-traditional, or unpredictable shifts, and we understand that you have other obligations to your family and community, so we've designed a college program flexible enough to accommodate your work and personal life while you complete your associate degree — from the comfort of your home.
MVCC’s Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement ADP is only open to veteran police officers and individuals who have completed a pre-employment police training program and earned college credit. Discover how this format can fit into your life:
- You will be in an online learning community with other police officers and future police officers.
- As a veteran police officer, you will be granted credit for your police training and experience.
- Additionally, you may receive transfer credit for previous college course work.
- You can earn up to 32 credits toward the required 64 for your previous training and knowledge.
- At the start of the program, you will be provided with your course schedule for the entire program so that you can plan your life.
- The program is designed for you to take one course at a time.
- From start to finish, you will complete your associate degree in 17 months or less.
- Hassle-free registration, scheduled breaks, and support services are all part of the cohort.
Enhance your future today
Furthering your education with MVCC's online Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement ADP will provide you with the degree to enhance your future:
- Promotional opportunities
- Special positions
- More retirement options
Flex your way to success
Our program is a way to earn a degree that fits your busy lifestyle, preparing working police officers for a career change in criminal justice. By joining this online cohort, you will be in an online learning community with your colleagues and you will have the flexibility to continue working while you earn a degree.
Advisors who help you succeed
With the MVCC online Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement ADP, we provide every student with an advisor who will be a "helping hand," walking you through your entire education from application to graduation.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Contact your local agency to see if they offer tuition reimbursement for course completion.
Students interested in enrolling in the Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement ADP must meet specific admissions requirements:
Acceptance to the College
- New students: Apply to MVCC by completing the online application and supply your official high school transcripts/GED, as well as official transcripts from any other higher education institution you have attended, if applicable.
- Students who previously attended MVCC: If you are interested in the Law Enforcement ADP and have previously attended MVCC, contact Admissions Counselor Edvina Ikeljic: 315-792-5373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placement into college-level classes
- English (with no remedial reading)
- College-level Mathematics
For placement into college-level courses, you must either take the MVCC placement test to determine eligibility or supply official transcripts from an accredited institution for transfer credit evaluation. Current transfer credit policy states, "Transfer credit is awarded for courses with a minimum grade equivalent of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale."
Provide documentation of training
Law Enforcement ADP students must provide documentation of the completion of a New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services-approved Basic Police Training Program or Pre-Employment Police Training Program. Please send documentation to Program Director Troy Little at email@example.com.
Be prepared to talk with the program director about your resume, educational goals, workload, and other daily obligations.