Ready to Apply?Start the application process now!
Digital animators use creativity and technology to bring images to life for movies, video games, advertising, mobile apps, and websites in a wide variety of industries, including entertainment, advertising, education, science, and information technology. Animators must develop proficiency in traditional techniques, such as cell animation, claymation, paper graphics, scratch-on, and puppet animations, as well as the new digital animation effects, software, and hardware that are being developed every year.
MVCC's Digital Animation Associate in Applied Science degree will set you up for success in this competitive and ever-evolving field, whether you plan to transfer to a four-year program or start your career. You'll develop the technical and creative skills you need to become proficient in both traditional and digital animation techniques while building your professional, industry-relevant demo reel.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- Producing and recording a demo reel using video editing software and equipment
- Researching and producing projects beyond their routine interests
- Creating a quality portfolio consistent with industry practices and standards
- Critiquing the aesthetic value of their work as well as that of others
- File management
- Software packages pertinent to digital animation
- Selecting various frame rates and corresponding time configurations
One high school mathematics course or its equivalent is required.
Graduates have successfully transferred to:
- Alfred University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- SUNY Canton
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- 3D artist
- Character artist
- Concept artist
- Environment modeler
- Video game designer