STEAM Job Targeting Fair
The Job Targeting Fair, designed by the MVCC STEAM Committee, is an event in which students who have a “dream job” in mind present an educational topic on a subject an employer would be interested in as a means of improving the chances of receiving a better job offer post-graduation. It is an opportunity for the student to have a formalized experience that they can use to transfer or get a job post-graduation. Current students, as well as former MVCC students who are between jobs or are interested in a minor career change, are encouraged to participate in the May program.
This semester's event will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, May 10, in Alumni College Center room 116 at MVCC's Utica Campus.
Steps for students to participate:
- Email STEAM Committee member Matt Waldron a job description you are interested in.
- Members of the STEAM Committee will work with you to decide on a project that you can complete outside of your standard education that will add to your “interview strength.”
- At this time, you also will discuss your presentation with an adequate “specialist” who will be able to evaluate the accuracy of your work.
- Do your research and background work for the project.
- Add your own materials to the template, then send it to your STEAM Committee member for revisions.
- After several revisions and drafts, a final draft is sent to the specialist, who will evaluate it for accuracy and presentation.
- You will discuss changes with the specialist and STEAM member until a final draft is complete and the work is presented at the Honors Program Presentation in the Spring or Fall.
Click here to see past STEAM Job Targeting Fair projects.