School Facilities Management AAS67 + Physical Education & College s
This program was developed at the request, of and in cooperation with, the NYS Association for Superintendents of School Building and Grounds (SBGA), which represents six hundred schools and thirty BOCES Systems of Superintendents of Building and Grounds and all related personnel. The program prepares personnel for management positions in school buildings and grounds, and further enhances the skills of those already occupying such positions. Graduates will be effective and efficient in decision-making situations in facilities management, equipped to stay abreast of critical issues in their changing environment. Emphasis is on courses in Facilities Maintenance, Basic Education Law, Public Health and Safety in Schools, and NYS Public School Budgeting and Accounting.
- Students are able to manage all necessary technical aspects of a commercial building’s daily existence
- Graduates obtain a career as School Facilities Manager
- Students will collaborate in the design of energy improvements required for sustainable operation in a building.
- The student will demonstrate openness toward diverse points of view, and draw upon knowledge and experiences of others to function as a team member.
- The student will be able to present technical reports in written form in a clear and concise manner
- Students will be able to read building blueprints and analyze any new design improvements.
- The student will be able to read complex electrical diagrams and analyze their designs.
- The student will be able to configure industrial control systems
- The student will demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and develop a corrective action plan.
- Students will use traditional and contemporary information technology.
- Students will identify, access, and appropriately use authoritative sources of information.