Electrical Service Technician, Electrical Maintenance AOS63-64
This program is a curriculum of sequential technical courses encompassing the field of industrial and commercial services. Students may elect either Electrical Maintenance or Fiber Optics. A scientific calculator, digital multi-meter, electronic breadboard, and hand tools are required. The use of fiber optic lines in the rapidly expanding telecommunications field is expected to produce new jobs throughout the next decade. This degree prepares students to be able to install, maintain and troubleshoot, and repair fiber optic systems in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Students are able to employ measurement techniques and laboratory apparatus for verification of circuit operation.
- Graduates will be able to pursue a career in the electrical field.
- Students will collaborate in laboratory activities to complete assigned projects.
- The student will demonstrate openness toward diverse points of view, and draw upon knowledge and experiences of others to function as a team member.
- Students will be able to analyze and implement basic electrical systems.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and develop a corrective action plan.
- Student will be able to prepare a bill of materials and wiring diagrams for electrical systems.
- Students will be able to state problems and solutions in written and oral format.
- Students will use traditional and contemporary information technology.
- Students will identify, access, and appropriately use authoritative sources of information.