This program is for people interested in performing the duties of a Surgical Technician. Graduates of this program are prepared as entry level practitioners in surgical technology. Graduates will work in operating room suites assisting in the preparation of supplies (instrumentation, draping, etc.) and the delivery of care (skin preparation, positioning, counts, dressing materials, specimen care, etc.) to the surgical patient.
- Students will demonstrate broad knowledge of integration of theory and practice regarding surgical procedures.
- Students will demonstrate interpersonal communication skills within the clinical setting.
- Students will complete the MVCC Diversity and Global View Graduation Requirements.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of appropriate legal and ethical behaviors.
- Students will demonstrate of HIPPA regulations.
- Students will demonstrate practice in the clinical setting that follow the HIPPA guidelines.
- The students will secure employment as a surgical technician in the perioperative setting with one year of graduation.
- Students will use traditional and contemporary information technology.
- Students will identify, access, and appropriately use authoritative sources of information.