What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding four (4) scholarships valued at $2,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science by August 2014 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the attached application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit the NYSTAA web site at www.nystaa.org and select Member Institutions under the Membership option along the top. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting
• Official transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress (if applicable)
• One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member
Deadline for Applications:
March 1, 2014
To Obtain an Application, please click here
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Chair Maria Kendzierski at email@example.com or Michael Henningsen, Coordinator of Transfer Servivces at Mhenningsen@mvcc.edu or (315) 792-5326.
Coordinator of Transfer Services
Student Development &
Office of Transfer Services
104D Payne Hall
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501