University Partners & Transfer Center Events
- SUNY Oswego Advisor-In-Residence (3/1 10:00AM to 1:30PM)
Mar 1, 2017, 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about SUNY Oswego and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- Excelsior College Advisor-In-Residence (3/7 11:00AM to 2:00PM)
Mar 7, 2017, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Excelsior College and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process! For more information about Excelsior College, please visit: http://www.excelsior.edu/admissions
- St. John's University Advisor-In-Residence (3/9 10:00AM to 1:00PM)
Mar 9, 2017, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about St. John's University and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- Utica College Instant Admit Day (3/21 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Mar 21, 2017, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102, University Partner & Transfer Center Interested in transferring to Utica College for Fall 2017? Would you like to learn of your acceptance immediately? If so, this event is for you! Come meet with Kaylynn Iglesias from Utica College who will look over your transcripts and make an admissions decision right on the spot! Appointments are STRONGLY encouraged! Call either 792-5326, stop by PH 104B, or ACC 102!
- Keuka College--ASAP Advisor-In-Residence (3/24 10:00AM to 2:00PM)
Mar 24, 2017, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn about the 4 Bachelor programs offered here in the Mohawk Valley through Keuka College ASAP program! Choose from: Social Work, Organizational Management, RN-to-BSN or Criminal Justice! These programs are offered one night a week right here at either MVCC or in the surrounding community!
What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding four (4) scholarships valued at $2,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science December 2016, May 2017 or August 2017 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit the NYSTAA web site at www.nystaa.org and select Member Institutions under the Membership option along the top. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting http://www.nystaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/NYSTAA-Scholarship-Application.pdf or by stopping by University Partners & Transfer Center in AB 239 or the Student Services Center on the Rome Campus.
• Official transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress (if applicable)
• One signed official letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member
Deadline for Applications:
Deadline is March 1, 2017!
Please submit your completed application with supporting documents to:
Bryant and Stratton College, 953 James Street Syracuse, NY 13203, Attention: Melissa Moore
Attach the application and supporting documents and email them to:
Melissa Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Your transcript MUST be sent via the mail. Do not attach a transcript electronically as it is not considered official.
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Chair Melissa Moore at MMoore@bryantstratton.edu or Michael Henningsen, Assistant Director, Career & Transfer Services at Mhenningsen@mvcc.edu or (315) 731-5808.
Walk-Ins welcomed, Appointments preferred
Career & Transfer Services
Transfer Success Advisor
First In The World
University Partners & Transfer Center
Academic Building, rm 239 (Temporary Location)
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Phone: (315) 731-5847