University Partners & Transfer Center Events
- SUNY Oswego Advisor-In-Residence (3/1 10:00AM to 1:30PM)
Mar 1, 2017, 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about SUNY Oswego and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- Excelsior College Advisor-In-Residence (3/7 11:00AM to 2:00PM)
Mar 7, 2017, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Excelsior College and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process! For more information about Excelsior College, please visit: http://www.excelsior.edu/admissions
- St. John's University Advisor-In-Residence (3/9 10:00AM to 1:00PM)
Mar 9, 2017, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about St. John's University and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- Utica College Instant Admit Day (3/21 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Mar 21, 2017, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102, University Partner & Transfer Center Interested in transferring to Utica College for Fall 2017? Would you like to learn of your acceptance immediately? If so, this event is for you! Come meet with Kaylynn Iglesias from Utica College who will look over your transcripts and make an admissions decision right on the spot! Appointments are STRONGLY encouraged! Call either 792-5326, stop by PH 104B, or ACC 102!
- Keuka College--ASAP Advisor-In-Residence (3/24 10:00AM to 2:00PM)
Mar 24, 2017, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn about the 4 Bachelor programs offered here in the Mohawk Valley through Keuka College ASAP program! Choose from: Social Work, Organizational Management, RN-to-BSN or Criminal Justice! These programs are offered one night a week right here at either MVCC or in the surrounding community!
Just because you are attending a SUNY Community College does not mean you cannot transfer to a private (Non-SUNY) institution. Many of our students transfer to non-SUNY schools. The transfer process is relatively the same, as long as you plan a head and read the admission criteria very carefully! Every private school can require different things. Below you will find some very useful links to help you on your transfer path. If you should have any questions, problems, or issues, please contact our Assistant Director of Career & Transfer Services.
- NYS Private Institutions --Information about the Private Colleges and Universities located in NYS.
- Common Application --This application is accepted at over 400 Colleges and Universities across the United States.
- CEEB Code Finder --Allows you to find the CEEB Code for the institution you are applying for. These codes will be useful to send SAT Scores, AP Scores, and other documentation needed for admission.
- High School CEEB Code Finder -- Search for your High School CEEB code that will be necessary for your College Application(s).
- College Board --Site allows you to research colleges, compare programs at different colleges, find estimated cost of attendance, etc.
- FAFSA -- Remember to update your FAFSA with the CEEB code of the colleges you are applying to. Also, if you are a NYS Resident and applying to a NYS school, make sure you fill out your TAP Application after your FAFSA form.
Walk-Ins welcomed, Appointments preferred
Career & Transfer Services
Transfer Success Advisor
First In The World
University Partners & Transfer Center
Academic Building, rm 239 (Temporary Location)
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Phone: (315) 731-5847