Announcements for Students
Writing Lab Availability
Aug 27, 2014
As the full-time Writing Tutor in the Learning Center, I would like to welcome new and returning students to MVCC. We want to help you become more confident writers. You will have writing assignments in most of your courses.
Location: Tutoring services are free, and we are located in AB151 and IT131 in Utica. PC117 is our new Rome location. AB151 is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., and Sunday 2 - 6 p.m.
Appointments: Use our online system to sign up for a tutoring session on campus. Here is the link: http://tutoring.mvcc.edu:81/Default.aspx. Appointments are preferred, but we will take walk-ins when we do not have other students or commitments.
My tutoring hours are: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 4 p.m.
How can we help you?
- We can help you brainstorm, discuss thesis statements, and review rough drafts.
- We provide advice on organization, grammar, citations, and other elements of writing for all classes.
- We offer assistance with research and citations.
- It is our goal to help you maintain your voice. We will not write for you, but we will be here to encourage and guide you.
- Check out our handouts on grammar, test taking, college writing, and more!
- We cannot help with exams or graded homework exercises without written or emailed permission from your instructors.
Tutoring begins the second week of classes, but we will be open the first day of classes. If you have questions, please visit the Learning Center to talk to our professional staff. Look for the full tutoring schedule soon! Find it on our website, or stop in for a copy. Also, please visit our Facebook page for information about special events: https://www.facebook.com/MVCCLearningCenter.
Kristen Raab (AB151-D; email@example.com)