International Education Plan
Purpose Statement:Purpose Statement: The purpose of the International Education Work Group Plan is to implement a multi-year strategic plan that addresses international recruitment, student support, study abroad and professional development for faculty and staff.
Charter Sponsor: Cabinet
Charter Contact: Maryrose Eannace & Stephanie C. Reynolds
Timeline: Spring 2012 – Summer 2014
1 VPLAA -- ongoing
1 VPSA-- ongoing
1 Coordinator of International Student Services-- ongoing
1 Director of International Education - ongoing
1 Director of Admissions
• Build a strong and vibrant international community that is integrated with the greater campus community.
• Effectively develop and responsively manage resources to build and maintain an international community and study abroad experience.
• Promote a culture of excellence and service with our international population and with our students who visit and study in international locations.
• Provide a student-centered, learner-focused environment for students coming from other countries and for our students who visit and study in international locations.
• Establish policy
• Discuss personnel issues
• Keep the College mission front and center
• Work as a team involving other interested and necessary constituents