Benefits of MVCC’s Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology (SMT) program:
- High academic standards
- Small class and lab sizes for individualized attention
- Modern laboratory equipment
- Emphasis on teamwork
- Theory and hands-on experience
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Scholarships and academic support
- On-campus career counseling and placement services
- Graduates can get jobs in the field after the two-year program
Two High School Mathematics Courses or the equivalent, and one year of laboratory science are required. Chemistry and Physics are recommended.
Graduates of MVCC’s Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology program will see many career opportunities as the nanotechnology industry expands in the Mohawk Valley and nearby regions, including Albany-Saratoga area, with the College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering at SUNY Albany, and the GLOBALFOUNDRIES chip-fab plant in Malta.
“As a global and regional employer, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is keen on attracting the best candidates at all skill levels. For our Fab 8 facility in Saratoga County, we rely heavily on the regional pipeline of talent graduating from neighboring colleges and universities. Mohawk Valley Community College students have demonstrated themselves as viable candidates for our technician and engineering jobs and we look forward to a continued relationship of success that benefits our company, MVCC graduates, and the Upstate New York economy.”
Staffing Manager, Fab 8, GLOBALFOUNDRIES