Electrical Engineering Technology
In Engineering Technology, the Future is NOW!
Electrical Engineering Technology at MVCC is a great starting point for men and women interested in a career that will shape the future of industry, office, and home electronics products. Students take classes in circuits, electronics, computer programming, operational amplifiers, telecommunications, microprocessors, and motors and controls in addition to the core courses of English, math, social science, and physical education.
Career opportunities can be found in specialized fields including aerospace, defense, electrical and electronic systems design and maintenance, manufacturing, telecommunications, electrical machinery, and more. This two-year program also prepares students to continue their studies at the baccalaureate level in engineering technology.
Graduates enter the workforce with the technical knowledge, problem-solving and teamwork skills necessary to get a job in the industry or move on to a four-year college fully prepared for their coursework. The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Benefits of MVCC’s EET program:
- A recognized long-term program
- Small class and lab sizes for individualized attention
- Modern laboratory equipment
- Theory and hands-on experience
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Scholarships and academic support
- On-campus career counseling and placement services
- Employment opportunities in the field after the two-year program
- Graduates can transfer seamlessly to a four-year college or university
Dean - STEM Center
Utica - Academic Building 160
Phone - 315.792.5366
Email STEM Center