Ready for Your Community Event!
Mohawk Valley Community College is re-launching its speakers bureau for Fall 2010. Our most engaging and accomplished faculty and administrators are ready to visit your school, club, business or community organization to represent the College and share their expertise! And now, there's one central point of contact for scheduling speakers, making this service more convenient and timely than ever!
The Speakers' Bureau is part of MVCC's strategic commitment to creative partnerships and community engagement. Speakers are prepared to showcase a wide variety of interesting topics – and to tailor their presentations to your group's needs.
This fall's keynote speakers and sample topics include:
Director of Athletics and Assistant Dean of Life and Health Sciences
- History of Championships: Athletics at MVCC
- The Latest and Greatest on Hawks Athletics
- Health and Wellness at MVCC and In Our Community
Professor of Political Science & History
- Community College: An Intergenerational Family Affair
- Developing A Culture of Excellence
- How MVCC Saved My Life
- MVCC and Returning Veterans
- Small Classrooms, Huge Results
Dean of the Center for Language and Learning Design
- Non-Traditional Student Stories
- What's Different About Community College
- My Best Job Ever
- Developmental Programs – Bridging to Student Success
Director of School and Community Outreach
- The ABC's of Before, During, and After College
- Success! Student Transitions
- Students Helping Students: Another Side of the College Experience
Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs
- Sharing the Stories: Narratives of Students, Faculty, and Alumni
- Confessions of a Convert: My Journey to Community College
- The Community College – Our Community's College
Director of Marketing and Communications
- Why I'm Delighted to Be Here!
- Driving the Bus: How MVCC Moves Our Community Forward
- Investing in the Future: Enrollment Strategy, Master Plan, and Campaign
Director of Civic Responsibilities
- Overcoming Obstacles, Getting a College Education
- Mentoring Community College Students
- Rehabilitating Lives Through the College Experience
- What's So Special About MVCC?
- Looking at MVCC From the Perspective of a Private High School and College Experience
- Area Healthcare: "Thank You MVCC!"
Other topics include:
- National Trends in Community College Students
- The Generative Gift: How MVCC Pays It Forward
- Individual Students and Their Stories
To arrange a speaker, contact Deanna Ferro, Director of Donor and Resource Development, at email@example.com or (315) 731-5797. The speakers profiled here are standing by and ready to join you for your community gathering. And as always, MVCC's faculty and staff stand ready to share on a wide variety of scholarly and technical topics. Call us at (315) 731-5797 to learn more.
Executive Director of Marketing & Communications
Payne Hall, Office 345
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, New York 13501
Telephone - 315.792.5330
FAX - 315.731.5856