SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professorship Award
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the SUNY Distinguished Service & Teaching Professorship Award Committee is to insure the nomination, selection, recommendation, and documentation process involved with the award is carried out annually in a timely and effective manner in complete compliance with all SUNY mandated stipulations. Maximum of two (2) awards per year.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Executive Director of Organizational Development
May – Organizational Mtg. & call for nominations w/deadline-Oct. 15th
Aug – Resend call for nominations w/deadline-Oct 15th
Oct 15–Dec. 15th Research, build packet & final selection
Jan 15 – Feb 15th – complete nomination packet & send to Organizational Development
Feb 15 – Mar 1st finalize all processes & send to SUNY, deadline 2nd Friday in March
• Conducts Nomination Process in complete compliance with all SUNY stipulations, criteria and deadlines.
• Conducts selection/review process in complete compliance with all SUNY stipulations, criteria and deadlines.
• Prepares, writes and submits final recommendation packet to Executive Director of Organizational Development and College President one week prior to the SUNY spring deadline.
• Make final decision regarding annual award recipient; communicate committee’s decision with anyone other than President or an appointed representative; discuss any part of the process or recommendation outside of the committee.
• Keep the College mission front and center.
• Be open minded and fair to all involved in the process.
• Think about what’s best for the institution.
• Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.