Excellence in Teaching Award Committee
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the Teaching Award Selection Committee is to insure the nomination, selection, recommendation, and documentation processes involved with each local award are carried out annually in a timely and effective manner. Maximum of two (2) awards per year.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Exec. Director – Org. Development
Nov. – Organizational Mtg.
Feb. – Prog. Calendar Announce.
Early Mar. – Nomination Deadline
Mid-Apr. – Selection Deadline
Mid-May – Announce Recipients at Summer Institute
- Conducts Nomination Process Coordinates announcement of award categories; sets nomination deadlines; collects nominations.
- Conducts Selection/Review Process Reviews submissions for all candidates; communicates with nominators to insure adequate information/data available to make an informed selection; makes annual award recommendation.
- Prepares and Submits Recommendation Document Compiles, organizes, and writes final recommendation document; submits same to Exec. Director of Organizational Development and College President
- Make final decision regarding annual award recipient; communicate committee’s decision with anyone other than President or an appointed representative; discuss any part of the process or recommendation outside of the committee.
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Be open minded and fair to all involved in the process.
- Think about what’s best for the institution.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.