Excellence in Service for Classified Staff Award Selection Committee
Purpose Statement: The purpose of MVCC Excellence in Classified Service Committee is to insure the nomination, selection, recommendation, and documentation processes involved with each local award are carried out annually in a timely and effective manner.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Exec. Director – Org. Development
Nov. – Organizational Mtg.
Feb. – Prog. Calendar Announce
Early Mar. – Nomination Deadline
Mid-Apr. – Selection Deadline
Mid-May – Announce Recipients
at Summer Institute
7 members as follows:
- 2 most recent local award recipients – 1-year terms
- 1 Presidential appointment – 2-year term (odd numbered years) – ex officio
- 1 Senate Chair appointment – 2-year term (even numbered years)
- 2 additional previous local award recipients – 2-year terms
- 1 student – 1-year term
- Conducts Nomination Process Coordinates announcement of award categories; sets nomination deadlines; collects nominations.
- Conducts Selection/Review Process Reviews submissions for all candidates; communicates with nominators to insure adequate information/data available to make an informed selection; makes annual award recommendation.
- Prepares and Submits Recommendation Document Compiles, organizes, and writes final recommendation document; submits same to Exec. Director of Organizational Development and College President
- Make final decision regarding annual award recipient; communicate committee’s decision with anyone other than President or an appointed representative; discuss any part of the process or recommendation outside of the committee.
- Keep the College mission front and center
- Be open minded and fair to all involved in the process
- Think about what’s best for the institution
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue