Scholarship Name: Exceptional Student
Deadline to Apply: April 1
GPA: Top 10% of class
1st Year: √
2nd Year: N/A
Duration: May be renewed
Description: A limited number of full-tuition scholarships are awarded annually to students graduating in the top 10% of their class from accredited New York State public or private high schools located outside Oneida County. Recipients may receive the award for four consecutive terms, less financial aid, provided they maintain a 3.0 G.P.A.
Amount Awarded: Full Tuition, Less Financial Aid (including up to $500 Pell)
- Must be in the top 10% of their class
- Must be from outside of Oneida County
- Must be enrolled at MVCC for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Must have a letter of verification that you were in the top 10% of your graduating class from your high school principal or guidance department.
- Applicant must also submit documentation of extra ordinary extra curricula credentials, I.E. Class or Community leader, exceptional recognition and honors received in the Arts and Sciences, exceptional athletic skills, etc.
- Students are strongly recommended to enroll and successfully complete introduction to honors (HN 101), if student is selected as recipient of this scholarship.
- A copy of a high school transcript and a letter of recommendation
Application Process: Contact Institutional Advancement in Payne Hall room 220 for an official application which is required to apply for this scholarship.
Selection by Scholarship Review Committee
Payne Hall, Room 220
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Telephone - 315.792.5555