Current Safety & Security in the Residence Halls
Security is a top priority in the MVCC Residence Halls. Some of our security measures include:
Security is a top priority in the MVCC Residence Halls;
- Front doors are locked 24 hours a day
- All Residence Halls equipped with Fire Sprinklers
- "Proximity card system" to manage all front door activity
- Student rooms are all equipped with deadbolt locks
- Peep holes are installed on room doors in quads
- Security Cameras have been placed at over 45 strategic areas
- Increased lighting has been installed on the exterior of buildings and in the parking lot
- Public Safety Officers, including Peace Officers, patrol the Residence Hall area throughout the night
- "Assistance" emergency phones on each floor
- Professional Security Officers, an out-sourced security company, sit at the entrances to each building during high traffic hours
How can students help?
• If you see something suspicious CURRENTLY occurring, contact Public Safety at 315-735-4777.
• If you are aware of something that we should know about, please submit an anonymous HawkEye Tip by clicking the “eye” icon on the current student housing main page.
• LOCK YOUR DOOR. IF your roommate is not locking the door, please discuss this with your Resident Director immediately.
• Notify the RA on Duty AT ANY TIME if you are your roommate lose your keys. We will replace them immediately.
• Abide by the policies regarding “no candles or incense”, no “heat-producing appliances” or no extension cords.
• Do not people you do not know into the Residence Halls.
RESIDENCE LIFE & HOUSING
Alumni College Center Room 208