The Juergensen Gallery accepts exhibition proposals for solo and group shows on an ongoing basis. These proposals are reviewed by the Gallery Committee on a quarterly basis. Exhibitions are programmed up to two years in advance. The gallery invites emerging and established artists or groups to submit original artwork for review. All mediums are encouraged to apply. We welcome all 2-D, 3-D, or installation work in a variety of mediums. The exhibition program includes three shows during the fall and spring semesters, and a summer show upon availability. Each show will be displayed for approximately one month.
As we are a community college with a burgeoning fine arts program, our emphasis is toward our student body. We are seeking artists who can not only display their work professionally, but also provide a one-hour lecture component, as well. Traditionally, the lecture precedes the opening reception and is held during normal gallery hours. In addition, we seek artists who can provide a workshop for our students. Workshops are held in conjunction with classes. Honorariums for both the lecture and the workshop are available.
To submit your work for consideration at the Juergensen Gallery, please include:
- Artist Information: This includes your name, email, phone number, address, website, contact preference, and day and time that is best to contact you.
- Curriculum Vitae/Bio with photo(s) of the artist(s).
- Artist Statement for the exhibition: This includes an image list that includes title, medium, size, hanging requirements and prices for pieces.
- 6-10 PDF or JPG files of proposed work: They must be sized at 1,200 pixels on the longest side.
- Lecture and/or workshop proposal: Both are required for full honorarium.
Please be sure to include all requested information in your submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Your submission will be held for consideration for up to two years after it is received. Submissions will only be accepted by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include "Artwork Submission" in the subject line of the email. The Gallery Committee reserves the right to strike any exhibition that does not accurately represent the work submitted in the exhibition proposal.
The artist is responsible for digital reproductions, artist's statement, and brief biography to be used for publicity and press releases; shipping and transportation of work to and from the MVCC campus; getting all work professionally displayed, wired, and ready to hang; installation and take-down of work; opening reception lecture and workshop; evaluation and sale price list for pieces exhibited for insurance purposes.
The gallery is responsible for the costs for design, printing, mailing, and press release of exhibit announcements; providing standard tools and hanging supplies, hanging and strike assistance on availability, insurance coverage for exhibit; amenities for opening reception when appropriate; promoting the exhibition and creating promotional materials, providing an honorarium.
If accepted for exhibition, the artist(s) agrees to:
- Allow all proposal images to be used for marketing and advertising of the exhibition.
- Coordinate shipping/transport of all pieces to the gallery space with the Gallery Committee.
- Coordinate set-up and take-down of exhibition with Gallery Committee representative.
- Keep all pieces in show for entire exhibition period.