How to Run a DGV Event
Students who arrive 10-minutes (or later) past the listed start-time will not receive DGV Credit (unless start-time is adjusted due to high attendance/patron lines).
If a student still wants to attend event after late arrival, the MVCC Student IDs (or Driver’s Licenses if they cannot supply an MVCC Student ID) are held until the end of the event or when they chose to leave. If they cannot supply a photo ID, we write their name down along with “No DGV Credit-late.” Late-arriving students must be informed of tardiness policy upon arrival.
Students must stay until the end of the event, including question & answer periods.
Students who leave early will not receive DGV credit.
Mohawk Valley Community College promotes best practices to increase civility and responsibility on and off campus. The use of technologies not relevant to the event is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: electronic communicating devices, MP3 players, and video/photo capture devices. Those who appear to be on electronic devices or who are disruptive will be asked to cease disruptive activity and will be asked to leave, and will not receive DGV credit, if they do not.
Public Safety should be called immediately if an individual shows any signs of incivility.
At the end of the event, one (1) person will use the DGV scanners to scan MVCC ID cards.
The DGV scanners can be obtained through Jeff Kimball in IT 158.
Jeff will review how to use and troubleshoot the scanner with personal.
A second person will need the attached “DGV Sign In” form.
Print five (5) copies in case the scanner does not work, in which case 2 people will need to take names and M#’s.
Please replace the heading as it pertains to the event (See Attached).
Student names must be written by a staff or faculty member.
A full name (First and Last) along with their M# is required.
If a student cannot supply an MVCC Student ID, or if their card is not scanning properly with the DGV scanner, we write their information down on the form.
If a student does not know their M#, take their date of birth with a Photo ID, in a 2 digit month/2 digit day/2 digit year (07/05/80).
If a student cannot supply a form of photo identification (Student ID, Driver’s License, etc), they cannot receive DGV credit.
At the end of the event, the DGV Scanner is returned to Jeff Kimball’s office.
The DGV Sign-In forms should be returned to Katie Ksiadz’s office, IT106, where she will log all forms.
Katie Ksiadz will then send the list of names to James Sunderhaft, Registrar’s Office, so he is able to upload credits into Degree Works.
DGV Event List
- MOVIE: “Fury,” Starring Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf (UTICA/$/CC/DGV) (1/29/2015)
- LECTURE: “Let Freedom Ring: A Journey with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,” (ROME/DGV) (2/2/2015)
- LECTURE: “Let Freedom Ring: A Journey with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,” (UTICA/DGV) (2/2/2015)
- PANEL DISCUSSION: “What the H#@$ is DGV..." (UTICA/DGV) (2/3/2015)
- PANEL DISCUSSION: “What the H#@$ is DGV..." (ROME/DGV) (2/4/2015)
- INTERNATIONAL CAFÉ AND CONVERSATION PANEL DISCUSSION: “What America Means to Me..." (UTICA/DGV) (2/4/2015)
- LGBTQ LECTURE SERIES: “Queering the City: The Gay Imaginary,” (ROME/DGV) (2/6/2015)
- LGBTQ LECTURE SERIES: “Queering the City: The Gay Imaginary,” (UTICA/DGV) (2/6/2015)
- Nursing Admissions Information Night (2/10/2015)
- PANEL DISCUSSION: “A History of Cornhill,” (UTICA/DGV) (2/11/2015)