Purpose: Research and explore ideas to make thoughtful and daring recommendations to create an employee wellness program at the College.
Contact for Questions:
February, 2011 – May, 2011
Preliminary recommendations should be completed by April 15th to gain initial budgetary support.
- Research wellness practices at identified exemplary organizations (see attached list).
- Define wellness at it relates to an employee program.
- Inventory existing components and assets related to wellness already in place at the College.
- Identify key components of a comprehensive wellness program for full-time employees at MVCC.
- Develop preliminary recommendations for a sustainable, on-going comprehensive wellness program and present to the College Senate for feedback.
- Develop final recommendations, with preliminary program and budget needs, and present to Cabinet.
- Focus or discuss individual employees or collective bargaining agreements.
- Establish policy.
- Be creative and inclusive.
- Think of internal marketing strategies to help make the final program success.
- Consider the pros and cons of a phased approach to implementation.
- Work with HR to connect with health benefits advisors for additional resources.
Organizations to Research
Cornell University, Gilroy/Kernan/Gilroy, PAR tech, Utica National Insurance, Syracuse University, O’Brian & Gere engineering and/or others.