Learning Communities Design Team
The purpose of the Learning Communities System Design Team is to develop a coordinated support system to significantly expand learning communities throughout the curriculum.
VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
November 2009 - March 2010
- Research literature and best practices at 3 SUNY and 3 non-SUNY community colleges and The Washington Center.
- Synthesize research to develop preliminary recommendations and solicit feedback from College Senate and Academic Affairs Admin Team. Integrate feedback to develop final recommendations to VPLAA.
- Make decisions; discuss personnel issues; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Think about what’s best for students.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.