PURPOSE: The purpose of the ED100 Design Team is to review and refine the ED100 curriculum to ensure that students are consistently exposed to a comprehensive curriculum that provides effective preparation for and transition into college academics.
Charter Sponsor: VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
Charter Contact: Maryrose Eannace
TIMELINE: October 2011-February 2012
- Review literature and research best practices related to curriculum and delivery of freshman seminar, including survey of current instructors.
- Synthesize findings, refine and draft new curriculum.
- Present summary of research and draft curriculum to Centers, solicit votes, present final product to Senate, Cabinet and CWCC for feedback, review and approval.
- Make decisions.
- Retain a student-centered focus.
- Remain true to the College mission.
- Consider the cognitive, academic, social and personal aspects of the college transition: keep the “whole student” in mind.
Consider best practice findings in the context of the community college and, in particular, MVCC student needs, scheduling patterns, and environmental factors.