Adjunct Faculty Support Design Team
The purpose of the Adjunct Faculty Support Design Team is to improve student learning through developing and facilitating the implementation of a comprehensive support system for adjunct faculty.
Sandy Engel, Acting Vice President
October, 2007 – March, 2008
- Research adjunct faculty support systems at identified community colleges.
- Establish a philosophical framework for adjunct faculty at MVCC.
- Identify and define components of an effective adjunct faculty support system.
- Conduct a needs assessment and survey adjunct faculty for their perceptions and needs.
- Research and identify areas for improvements; recommend additions, deletions, and modifications to current practices, procedures and systems.
- Define a comprehensive system for adjunct faculty support and potential phases for implementation.
- Establish policy
Worry about resources when identifying possible recommendations
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Think about what’s best for students.
Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.