Virtual Campus Design Team
Purpose: The purpose of the Virtual Campus Design Team is to explore ideas and make daring recommendations to create and implement a comprehensive web-based learning system to provide abundant learning and support opportunities for students in the virtual world.
VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
Director of Educational Technologies
November 2009 – March 2010
- Research and identify areas for advancement; recommend additions, deletions, and modifications to current practices, procedures and systems.
- Research best practices for a virtual campus at Rio Salado, Anne Arundel CC, and Franklin University.
- Research and identify areas for advancement with the use of technology for teaching and learning to create full on-line degrees and programs.
- Conduct a needs assessment and survey the College community for their perceptions and needs regarding support services for the online community.
- Review and implement new technologies and training to enhance the student experience.
- Establish a web-based framework for full spectrum student support services.
- Make decisions
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Allow financial constraints to limit creativity and thinking
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
- Consider the student experience when reviewing technological innovation and addressing continuous improvement.