We have something for everyone!
In our state-of-the-art theaters and venues in Utica and Rome, the MVCC Cultural Series brings musicians, comedians, magicians, theatre, movies, and more to the community. Many events are part of MVCC’s Diversity and Global View initiative.
Are you an MVCC student? Cultural Series events are free for MVCC students; however, tickets are required for all events marked with ($) and are available at the Box Office. MVCC students are allowed one (1) free ticket per I.D. Students are required to attend a certain number of events marked DGV; visit www.mvcc.edu/dgv.
Brought to you by MVCC's Cultural Events Council with support from the Student Activity Fee.
- LABOR FILM SERIES: “The Wolf of Wall Street,” w/ Professor Emeritus Bill Perrotti (UTICA/DGV) (2/21/2017)
- CONCERT: Handsome Naked Band (2/21/2017)
- LECTURE: “Utica: Hotbed of Abolition 1833-1836,” w/ Deirdre Sinnott, Writer and Activist (ROME/DGV) (2/27/2017)
- LECTURE: “Utica: Hotbed of Abolition 1833-1836,” w/ Deirdre Sinnott, Writer and Activist (UTICA/DGV) (2/28/2017)
- DOCUMENTARY: “Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World” (ROME/$/DGV) (2/28/2017)
- DOCUMENTARY: “Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World” (UTICA/$/DGV) (2/28/2017)
- COMEDY: Comedian AJ Foster (UTICA) (2/28/2017)
- LECTURE: “BITE: An Urban Project,” w/ Doug and Jay Leonard, Owners of Bite Bakery (ROME/DGV) (3/1/2017)
- CONCERT: Pianist David Kim (UTICA/DGV) (3/1/2017)
- MOVIE: “Passengers” (UTICA/$) (3/2/2017)
How to get tickets:
The MVCC Box Office
Phone: (315) 731-5721
Events are non-ticketed and free to the public except where noted ($).
Tickets are typically available thirty (30) days before each event.
Utica Campus Box Office (Mon - Fri, 10a - 2p)
The U-Box Office [UBO] is located just outside the MVCC Theater (IT106) within the Information Technology Building at 1101 Sherman Drive, Utica, NY.
Rome Campus Box Office (Mon - Thurs, 8:30a - 7p and Fri, 8:30a - 4:30p)
The R-Box Office [RBO] is located within the Student Services Office (PCA30) on the 1st floor of the Plumley Complex at 1101 Floyd Ave, Rome, NY.
General Information/Group Sales:
The MVCC Box Office accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover online/in advance and cash/check only on night of performance. MVCC students are allowed one (1) free ticket and up to five (5) tickets at the employee discount rate. MVCC employees can purchase up to five (5) tickets at the employee discount rate. Groups of 20 or more may be eligible for special discounts.
Bill Dustin, Events Administrator
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
If you are interested in supporting MVCC's Cultural Series please contact Frank DuRoss, Executive Director of Institutional Advancement at (315) 792-5526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.