Student Service Center Advisory Council
Purpose Statement:The purpose of the Student Service Center Advisory Council is to coordinate among offices providing student enrollment services, facilitate effective communication, and nurture a culture of service within the Payne Hall Student Service Center.
VP for Student Affairs,
VP for Administrative Services &
VP for Learning and Academic Affairs
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
- Associate Dean-Student Enroll. & Advisement (Convener)
- Coordinator of Academic Advising
- VPLAA-Technical Assistant
- Director of Admissions
- Director of Adult Learner Services
- Associate Dean-Student Development & Transition Services
- Director of Financial Aid
- Director of Records & Registration/Registrar
- Assistant Registrar
- Meet monthly to coordinate student enrollment and support processes and communication.
- Review enrollment policies and processes and make recommendations to cabinet to improve the student experience.
- Make decisions at the procedural level to facilitate coordination among SSC offices.
- Coordinate student processes and student communication.
- Make recommendations on professional enrichment for SSC employees.
- Communicate key enrollment policies, procedures, deadlines to the college community.
- Discuss personnel issues; discuss contractual issues; mandate departmental procedures
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Think about what’s best for students.
- Coordinate with Rome Student Services and Utica offices (i.e. Disabilities, Residence Life, IT, Auxiliary Services, etc.).