Internship Design Team
PURPOSE: Research and explore ideas to make thoughtful and daring recommendations to create comprehensive approach to providing internships at the College.
August 2011 – December 2011
VP for Learning & Academic
Contact for Questions:
Dr. Maryrose Eannace
- Research best practices at identified exemplary internship programs.
- Define service learning.
- Inventory existing components and assets related to internships already in place at the College.
- Identify key components of a comprehensive internship program for students at MVCC.
- Develop preliminary recommendations and present to the College Senate for feedback.
- Develop final recommendations, with preliminary program and budget needs, and present to Cabinet.
- Discuss personnel issues, discuss collective bargaining agreements
- Establish policy.
- Be creative and inclusive
- Think of marketing strategies to help make the final program a success.
- Be mindful of the student experience when making recommendations
- Consider efficiencies for interacting with Community and Corporate partners for student placement
- Consider the pros and cons of a phased approach to implementation.
- Think about the value of training and the importance of community partners.
ORGANIZATIONS TO RESEARCH (among others)
- Rockland Community College, NY
- SUNY Potsdam