Institutional Effectiveness Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Institutional Effectiveness Council is to maintain and coordinate the implementation of assessment processes at the College.
Charter Sponsor: President's Cabinet
Charter Contact: College President
Membership (length of term for members if applicable): 12 members
- Director of Institutional Research & Analysis – Co-Chair (ongoing)
- Assessment Liaison – Co-Chair (ongoing)
- Registrar (ongoing)
Elected within Center ( 3 Year Terms)
- Faculty – Center for Arts and Humanities
- Faculty – Center for Language and Learning Design
- Faculty – Center for Life and Health Sciences
- Faculty – Center for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathmatics
- Faculty – Center for Business, Information and Social Sciences
Appointed (3 Year Terms)
- At-Large (appointed by President)
- At-Large (appointed by VP for Admin. Services)
- At-Large (appointed by Associate VP)
- At-Large (appointed by VP for Student Services)
- Select and evaluate appropriate activities necessary for assessing the outcomes identified in the Institutional Effectiveness process.
- Provide assistance for continuous assessment in each Unit through the selection of assessment tools and the development and implementation of their assessment plans.
- Review the results of assessment findings to ensure the validity/reliability of the assessment procedures.
- Initiate follow-up inquiries to ensure that Units have linked assessment findings with their Action Plans.
- Serve as a source for verification that the results of assessment findings have been used for improvement.
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Keep the College Senate and President’s Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible
- Stay closely connected to the strategic planning process
- Find ways to get the assessment and effectiveness results to the right groups for more informed decision making
- Make decisions; determine policy; discuss contractual issues
- Chair must be elected annually by committee.