Purpose: The purpose of the Grants Council is to coordinate grants planning and management activities at the College.
Charter: Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
Timeline; Standing (from fall 2008)
- VP for Student Affairs
- VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
- VP for Administrative Services
- Institutional Advancement (3)
- Director of Community & Workforce Develoment
- Rome Campus Dean & Associate VP of Workforce Development
- Business Office Representative
- Academic Dean
- Executive Director of Institutional Advancement (Chair)
- At-large – as necessary
- Academic Affairs (2)
- Student Affairs (2)
- Faculty (2)
- Research and prioritize grant opportunities.
- Consider grant opportunities in relation to the College Strategic Plan and community needs.
- Engage all departments necessary to strengthen the College’s ability to coordinate all aspects of grant development and implementation.
- Decide which grants opportunities to pursue.
- Facilitates internal innovation grant process.
- Simply chase money; plan in isolation.
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Keep the College Senate and President’s Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible
- Use the Strategic Plan as a guide and inspiration
- Be creative and think big
- Think about leveraging existing assets and strengths of MVCC
- Engage other departments sooner rather than later in the process (IT, facilities, business office, etc.)