Purpose: The purpose of the Grants Council is to coordinate grants planning and management activities at the College.
Charter: Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: Associate VP & Dean of Rome Campus
Timeline; Standing (from fall 2008)
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
- Associate VP & Dean of the Rome Campus
- VP for Student Services & Dean of Students
- VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
- VP for Administrative Services
- Grants Director
- Exec. Director of Corporate & Community Education
- Grants writer
- Dean for Language & Learning Design
- Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
At-large – as necessary
- Research grant opportunities.
- Consider grant opportunities in relation to the College Strategic Plan and community needs.
- Prioritize grant opportunities to identify specific grant applications worthy of effort.
- Engage all departments necessary to strengthen the College’s ability to coordinate all aspects of grant development and implementation.
- Simply chase money; plan in isolation;
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Keep the College Senate and President’s Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible
- Use the Strategic Plan as a guide and inspiration
- Be creative and think big
- Think about leveraging existing assets and strengths of MVCC
Engage other departments sooner rather than later in the process (IT, facilities, business office, etc.)