Crisis Management Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Crisis Management Council is to develop and coordinate the implementation of the College’s Crisis Management Plan.
Charter Sponsor: President’s Cabinet
Charter Contact: College President
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
- Executive Director of Organizational Development – Chair
- College President
- VP for Administrative Services
- VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
- VP for Student Services
- Associate VP/Dean of Rome Campus
- Director of Marketing & Communications
- Director of Campus Security
- Executive Director of Information Technology
- Research best practices related to crisis management.
- Regularly review the Crisis Management Plan and updates components as necessary.
- Conduct table top exercises to practice various crisis management procedures.
- Facilitate communication with local law enforcement agencies and other schools and colleges regarding emergency procedures.
- Develop and implement a schedule to test emergency procedures.
- Develop and implement appropriate professional development opportunities related to crisis management for faculty and staff.
- Take situations lightly; work in isolation
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Help the College prepare for the unexpected
- Imagine the unimaginable
- Coordinate with other agencies and institutions as necessary