You have challenging choices ahead of you. We put an emphasis on making smart decisions, with the right tools at hand. We are a place for students to explore their interests, values, and preferences when choosing a major or career path. Career Services is committed to helping students find the answers to any career related questions. Please stop by Payne Hall 104B to see one of our professional staff who may help you make these important decisions as well as utilizing our helpful resources below.
- FOCUS is an online career exploration and education planning tool. It is designed to assess your interests, skills, and values in order to match them with specific job titles and available majors at MVCC. Students who use FOCUS are able to make informed decisions about their educational and career goals.
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality assessment that helps students identify how their personalities match up with potential careers.
- Strong Interest Inventory is an interest assessment that helps students indentify how their interests match up with potential careers.
- Individual Career Counseling allows a student to discuss their individual concerns with a professional career counselor. Stop by Payne Hall 104B for walk-in advising or call 731-5710 to schedule an appointment.
Additional Career Resources:
- NY Career Zone: CareerZone is an innovative online career exploration and planning system designed especially for today's high-tech youth in New York State. CareerZone presents current and relevant occupational and labor market Information in a clear and interesting way, making career exploration and planning fun and easy.
- My Next Move: My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. The site has tasks, skills, salaryinformation, for over 900 different careers.
- Explore Health Careers: ExploreHealthCareers.org is a free, multi-disciplinary, interactive health careers website designed to explain the array of health professions and provide easy access to students seeking information about health careers.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives
8:30am-4:30pm or by appointment
Student Development & Transition Services
Office of Career & Transfer Services
104B Payne Hall
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501