Liberal Arts & Sciences: International Studies
MVCC's Liberal Arts & Sciences: International Studies Associate in Arts degree program prepares for transfer to a four-year program in business, social sciences or humanities with an international orientation. Along with providing a coherent liberal arts base, it provides access to instruction in French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Students have the opportunity to study abroad while earning up to 15 hours toward a degree from MVCC
Upon completion of the 2-year program, students should be competent in the following areas:
- Critical thinking, problem solving
- Promoting support for an interest in foreign language and culture
- An understanding from an international perspective about the human condition and past and present culture
- An understanding and proficiency in the intellectual skills in the use of a second spoken and written language
- Promoting diversity awareness and a global view
- Devising and confidently delivering oral proposals and reports
- Composing clear and coherent written reports and essays
Prerequisites: High School Mathematics Course 1 and 2 or the equivalent, and one year of a laboratory science are required; two years of a foreign language are recommended.
Click here for a complete course listing.