skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a Certificate of Residence?

A: A certificate of residence verifies to us that you 1) are a New York State resident and 2) live in the County that you indicated. You must submit a Certificate of Residence so that we can bill the appropriate County for a portion of your tuition--otherwise you have to pay double tuition. For more information, click here.

Q: When can I get my books?
A: Books are available for pickup about 2 weeks prior to the start of each semester. The bookstore is open late the week before classes start and the first week of the semester. You will need your student ID and your schedule to pick up your books. If you have sufficient financial aid appearing on your bill, you may go directly to the bookstore to charge your books. You can also purchase your books online at our Online Bookstore.

Q: When will Financial Aid refund checks be available?
A: Before any refunds are released to you, your bill to the school must be paid in full. Private scholarship refunds will be available for pickup on the first day of classes, if we have received the funds. All financial aid, including loans, is processed in 2 disbursements. If your financial aid paperwork is finalized, refunds will be ready at the end of the 7th and 10th week of classes. You will be notified in advance by the Business Office if you have a refund check.

Q: How do I register my vehicle?
A: The Public Safety Office -Room 109 in the Utica Academic Building will register your vehicle. You will need to bring your driver's license and car registration. Be sure to display the decal or you will receive campus-issued parking tickets.