The Sports Medicine department at Mohawk Valley Community College is responsible for the health care needs of over 200 student athletes in 22 varsity sports .
We use a variety of treatments including therapeutic modalities, strengthening, stretching, manual therapies, balance exercises and sport specific exercises to help keep our student athletes healthy, fit and at peak performance. Our goal is returning the student-athlete back into competition as quickly and safely as possible.
Student Athlete Eligibility Information
In order to be eligible for athletics at MVCC, you will need:
- A recent (within the last calendar year, preferable after June 1st) physical completed by your physician. Print out this form and take it with you to your physician's office:
- Copies of any and all insurance cards (front and back)
You must complete the ATS web portal information:
- Go to: https://www.atsusers.com/
- Choose ATS Athlete Portal
- For Athlete ID: New (you will be asked to create your own later)
- For Password: New (you will be asked to create your own later)
- Database: ATSMVCC (must be all caps)
- Please fill out all links. Note: the drop-down list under the Athlete Forms link, you must fill out Pre-participation. Then click the "new" tab. The Pre-participation form should come right up.
- When creating your Athlete ID, you MUST use your M#. If you do not have it, you must wait to fill out the information until you get it.
An athlete will NOT be permitted to practice or compete until the above steps are completed. The ATS portal needs to be competed by August 6th.
Jennifer M. Krohn, MS, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer/Assistant Professor