When you need to cancel class due to illness, personal reasons or professional commitments, it is important to officially notify your students and Center Senior Office Specialist in a timely fashion.
When you cancel, you may provide instructions for your students to follow about make-up sessions and assignments due. There are two ways to cancel your classes:
• By using the MVCC web site Class Cancellations Link https://www2.mvcc.edu/secure/teachercancel.cfm
• By calling the dedicated Class Cancellation Telephone line (315-792-5630)
USING THE WEB SITE LINK:
When cancelling a class USING THE MVCC WEB SITE, please follow this procedure:
• Go to the site, www.mvcc.edu.
• Click on the Faculty and Staff Tab at the top of the home page.
• Locate the SIRS button in the lower left column and CLICK.
• Log into SIRS using your M Number and Pin or your SS# and PIN
• Click on Faculty & Advisors Menu
• Click on Class Cancellation Screen
• Enter Instructor ID & PIN
• Enter the information concerning which class/CRN will be cancelled. You may also enter additional student instructions about assignments.
You may access the MVCC web site and Class Cancellation page from a home computer or from computers on campus. For instruction about how to cancel classes online, please contact Susan Smith the Adjunct & Service Learning Liaison at email@example.com or call her at 315-731-5708.
THE CLASS CANCELLATION TELEPHONE LINE (315-792-5630):
While you may continue to post class cancellations using the web site, you may also cancel by calling the Class Cancellation Telephone Line. This is a dedicated telephone line for the purpose of canceling class sessions.
EXAMPLE: “Hello – I’m Jane Smith and I need to cancel EN 101, Sec. J10 that meets today from 12:00 – 12:50 in IT 126. I intend to make up this class and will inform my Center Senior Office Specialist and students when I return when the make-up day will occur.”
If you use the class cancellation phone line, you do NOT need to cancel using the web site as well.
Notice of your class cancellation is posted on the MVCC web site, on your classroom door and on the electronic TV screens around campus. Your Center Dean and Senior Office Specialist are also notified that your class is cancelled and your absence is recorded.
When you return to campus, please contact your Center’s Assistant Dean or the Senior Office Specialist with your class make-up plans.
Susan D. Smith
Adjunct & Service Learning Liaison
Payne Hall, Room 380A