Registering for Courses
Registering for courses at Mohawk Valley Community College can be done either in person at the window or online through each students' "Student Information and Registration System" (SIRS) account. In order to register in person, students are required to pick up or download a registration form from the Office of Records and Registration and fill-out all necessary information.
To register online, students must know their M-Number or Social Security Number as well as their six-digit PIN number password for their SIRS account. This information cannot be released over the phone or through email and must be obtained from the Office of Records and Registration through regular mail or in person.
- Begin at MVCC’s home page: www.mvcc.edu
- Go to the "Current Student" tab on top and click on it
- Click on the middle of the left hand side on the button labeled "SIRS"
- Click on the picture that says "Login to Secure Area"
SIRS Login Page
- Enter your "User ID" that is either your M-number or Social Security Number
- Enter your PIN number, which is assigned to you by the Registrar’s Office, but can be changed
- Click on the following screens, continue to enter the required information
- At the SIRS Main Menu, select the “Registration Menu” link and
click on it
SIRS Registration Menu
- Select the “Build Your Schedule or Add/Drop Classes” link and on it
- Select the correct term under the drop down menu and
on the “Submit” button below
CRN Box Page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen until you see boxes
- Using the five (5) digit CRN numbers you wrote down on the paper schedule, put one into each box. They can be entered in any order and only need to be entered once.
- Select the “Submit Changes” button and click on it
- After all of your classes are registered for, select the “Complete Scheduling Process” link and click
Once you have completed the scheduling process, it is very important that you SECURE YOUR CLASSES WITH PAYMENT, as this will ensure that you are not de-registered from your courses. If you have questions on how to secure your courses, please contact the Business Office at (315) 792 - 5442.
Sometimes you may run into issues with registering for courses and these will give you specific registration errors. If you experience an error, please follow the link below to understand how best to handle it.
Associate Dean for Student Enrollment and Retention Services
Utica - Payne Hall 104B
Rome - Plumley Complex A30
Phone (Utica): (315) 731-5710
Phone (Rome): (315) 334-7709
Fax: (315) 792-5696
If you see errors or have ideas for new content, please contact the Content Manager